In keeping with the valuable time and convenience of our valuable customers Bhutan National Bank Limited launched the first ATM (Automated Teller Machine) facility in Bhutan on April, 2004 with one ATM installed in Thimphu Branch and the other in Phuentsholing Branch.
ISSUANCE OF ATM/DEBIT CARDS
The ATM/Debit card is extremely versatile and simple to use, being valid in all the banks ATMs and PoS terminals in Bhutan.
The cards are issued to:
1. Individual Saving/Current and Pensioner account holders
2. For current account holders the card will be deactivated when the current account is converted to overdraft a/c.
You can use your card in all the bank ATMs in Bhutan. This allows you 24-hours access to any of the accounts linked to your card.
You can avail the following services:
* Maximum Nu.40,000 in a day in multiples of Nu.100 (multiples of Nu.50 in few selected ATMs)
* No withdrawals shall be allowed if the saving a/c balance is lesser than Nu.500 and current a/c balance is less than Nu.1000
* The maximum number of transactions allowed in the ATM is 10 times per day.
* A minimum balance of Nu.1000 for saving and current a/c to be maintained in your account all the time.
* Maximum of Nu.20,000 per transaction is recommended.
This facilitates you to check your account balance.
Change PIN (Personal Identification Number):
You are advised to regularly change the PIN to ensure secrecy.
This option facilitates the customer to withdraw cash resulting in quicker dispensing of the desired amount i.e. Nu.500, Nu.1,000, Nu.1,500 and Nu.2,000 without entering the amount.
Your Relationship Bank
HOTLINE NO: 144
BNB Signature tune
Follow us on: